30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training:
In accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health act of 1970, employers have become responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for their employees.
This training program is a comprehensive review of OSHA procedures, policies, and standards. This course will give students a strong understanding of construction safety and health principles as well as place an emphasis on the most hazardous areas using OSHA standards and regulations as a guideline. (Free study guides and handbook will be given)
OSHA Training NYC DOB Requirement (Local law 196)
Local law 196 introduced new regulations for demolition and construction workers employed in the 5 boroughs that will require them to have a specific amount of training. Workers will be required to have a minimum of 30 Hours of training and supervisors will be required to have a minimum of 62 hours of training by December 1st, 2019. In addition to the required amount of training individuals will also need to acquire the appropriate Site Safety Training (SST) card to prove they have completed the necessary training.
As of September 1st, 2020 Workers will need a total of 40 hours of training which must include the 8-Hour fall Prevention course and the 2-Hour drug and alcohol Awareness course.
● Introduction to OSHA
● Contractor's Safety and Health Program
● Caught-in or Between
● Electrical Hazards 1
● Fall Protection
● Materials Handling
● Fire protection and prevention
● Power industrial Vehicles
● Personal Protective & Lifesaving Equipment
● Stairways & Ladders
● Confined Space Entry
● Welding & Cutting
● Tools ( hands & power)
● Concrete & Masonry Construction
Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
1. Recognize worker rights and an employer’s responsibility to the employee under OSHA
2. Identify how to select the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving equipment
3. Discuss risks they may be associated with improper use of scaffolding equipment
4. Define different control methods for controlling the four main health hazards that construction workers may be exposed to
5. Explain the principles for at least three protective systems that are used while working in and around excavations
6. Explain the differences between the 5 classes of fires and discuss the solutions for extinguishing them
CEUs & CEU REQUIREMENTS
1. 100% attendance for the OSHA 30 Hour Course.
2. Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
3. Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
4. As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Price: $300